Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended delivers all the imaging magic in Photoshop CS6 plus 3D graphic design and image analysis tools.* Easily create rich 3D artwork, and enhance your 3D scenes with shadows, lighting, and animation. Retouch images with utter precision, control, and speed. Create vibrant videos and design anything you can imagine using intuitive tools. Paint and draw naturally and expressively. And get blazingly fast performance with the Mercury Graphics Engine.
* 3D features and some GPU-enabled features are not supported on Windows XP.
Photoshop CS6 Extended Highlights
- Experience imaging magic—Correct, refine, and composite images with remarkable ease and control. New Content-Aware features take image retouching to a new level. Get superior results when you crop, correct wide-angle lens curvatures, auto-correct, and more.
- Maximize your creativity—Experience creative breakthroughs with features that expand your visual language. Intuitively create videos within the familiar Photoshop environment. Work more fluidly with new and reengineered design tools. Create custom photographic blurs, and paint and draw more expressively.
- Achieve peak performance—Take full advantage of your hardware’s power and save significant time. Edit at blazingly fast speeds with the new Mercury Graphics Engine. Boost your productivity with new preset migration and sharing, new auto-recovery and background save options, and a modern user interface.
- Create 3D graphics with ease—Dive into 3D graphics creation with a vastly simplified workflow that offers intuitive on-canvas and in-context scene editing. Easily drag shadows into place, animate 3D objects, and create and render artwork more quickly with the new Mercury Graphics Engine.
|Photoshop Extended Comparison Chart|
|In-context, 3D controls||x|
|Reflections and draggable shadows||x|
|3D performance boost||x|
|Adobe Flash Professional 3D export||x|
|Intuitive video creation and editing||x|
|Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 7||x|
|Mercury Graphics Engine||x|
|DICOM directory support||x|
|Support for Photoshop companion apps||x||x|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between Photoshop CS6 Extended and Photoshop CS6?
A: Photoshop CS6 Extended delivers all the unrivaled image editing power of Photoshop CS6 plus tools for creating and editing 3D images and performing quantitative image analysis.
Q: What kinds of work do people do with Photoshop CS6 Extended?
A: Photoshop CS6 Extended is used by professionals in many fields, including film and video, graphic and web design that includes 3D and motion, manufacturing and product design, medicine and science, and architecture and construction.
Q: Should I buy Photoshop CS6 Extended or an Adobe Creative Suite 6 edition?
A: Because most creative endeavors involve the use of digital images, Photoshop is often at the heart of the workflow. If the images you create are used across a variety of media, the integration between the components included in Creative Suite 6 editions can help you achieve more in less time.
Top New CS6 Features
Content-Aware family of technologies—Retouch images with astonishing ease, control, and precision. Remove or move selected image objects, and Content-Aware technology magically fills, patches, extends, or recomposes your image with stunning results.
Mercury Graphics Engine and 64-bit support—Count on the new Mercury Graphics Engine for blazingly fast performance when editing with key tools, and take advantage of cross-platform 64-bit support to speed up imaging tasks and process very large images faster.
All-new Crop tool—Crop images faster and with greater precision using the all-new, nondestructive Crop tool. Manipulate your images on canvas, and take advantage of the Mercury Graphics Engine to see your adjustments happen live.
New reflections and draggable shadows—Quickly achieve 3D realism by adding and enhancing shadows and reflections on your ground plane.* Drag a shadow to reposition the light source, and easily edit ground reflections, shadows, and other effects.
3D controls at your fingertips—Intuitively create 3D artwork with a simple interface that eliminates the need for tools. Use in-context, on-canvas controls to manipulate cages for 3D extrusions, change scene and object orientation, and edit lights.
Content-Aware Patch—Patch images with greater control using Content-Aware Patch. Simply choose the patch area and Content-Aware technology will fill in the missing area.
New and reengineered design tools—Create superior designs fast. Get consistent formatting with type styles, use vector layers to apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects, easily create custom strokes and dashed lines, quickly search layers, and more.
|Package Type||Full Version|
|Media Type||License only|
|Processor||Windows: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor
Mac: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows XP* with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8
Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
|Graphics Card (GPU)||OpenGL 2.0 capable system
*Some GPU-enabled features are not supported on Windows XP
|Memory (RAM)||1GB of RAM|
|Hard Drive||2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)|